Ctenicera spp. and Limonius spp.
Pest description, crop damage and life history
Management-biological, cultural, tactical
Management-chemical control: HOME USE
- azadirachtin (neem oil)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic use.
- pyrethins (often combined with other ingredients)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic use
Management-chemical control: COMMERCIAL USE
- alpha-cypermethrin (Fastac EC) at 0.02 to 0.025 lb ai/a. PHI 1 day. REI 12 hr. Retreatment interval 7 days. Do not exceed 0.075 lb ai/a per season. Adults only.
- bifenthrin (Capture LFR) 0.04 to 0.08 lb ai/a at planting in furrow or broadcast to soil surface. Do not exceed 0.1 lb ai/a per season as an at plant application. Do not exceed 0.5 lb ai/a per season for foliar and at plant. Prohibited in coastal counties.
- bifenthrin (Brigade WSB, Sniper) at 0.033 to 0.1 lb ai/a. PHI 7 days. REI 12 hr. Wireworm adults only. Do not exceed 0.5 lb ai/a per year. Do not make more than five applications after bloom. Do not make applications less than 7 days apart.
- bifenthrin + IBA (Empower 2) at 0.04 to 0.1 lb ai/a. PHI 7 days. REI 5 days. Retreatment interval 7 days. Do not exceed 0.5 lb ai/a per season. Limit 5 treatments.
- chloropicrin (Telone)-Preplant.
- chlorpyrifos (Lorsban Advanced 2ee) at 2.11 lb ai/a, and 2 lb ai/a for cauliflower. PHI 30 days. REI 24 hr, and 3 days for cauliflower. Incorporate into top 2 to 4 inches of soil. OR and WA only.
- diazinon (Adama Diazinon 50W) at 3 to 4 lb ai/a broadcast just before planting and immediately incorporate into the top 4 to 8 inches of soil. REI 4 days.