Ctenicera spp. and Limonius spp.
Pest description, crop damage and life history
Common Pests of Vegetable Crops
Management-biological, cultural, tactical
Management-chemical control: HOME USE
- azadirachtin (as a mix with pyrethrins)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic use.
- bifenthrin (often as a mix with zeta-cypermethrin)
- pyrethins (often combined with other ingredients)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic use
Management-chemical control: COMMERCIAL USE
- alpha-cypermethrin (Fastac EC) at 0.02 to 0.025 lb ai/A. PHI 1 day. REI 12 hr. Retreatment interval 7 days. Do not exceed 0.075 lb ai/A per season. Adults only.
- bifenthrin (Capture LFR) 0.04 to 0.08 lb ai/A at planting in furrow or broadcast to soil surface. Do not exceed 0.1 lb ai/A per season as an at plant application. Do not exceed 0.5 lb ai/A per season for foliar and at plant.
- bifenthrin (Brigade WSB) at 0.05 to 0.1 lb ai/A in-furrow with the seed or transplant. REI 12 hr.
- bifenthrin (Brigade WSB, Sniper) at 0.033 to 0.1 lb ai/A. PHI 7 days. REI 12 hr. Wireworm adults only. Do not exceed 0.5 lb ai/A per year. Do not make more than five applications after bloom. Do not make applications less than 7 days apart.
- bifenthrin/IBA (Empower 2) at 0.04 to 0.1 lb ai/A. PHI 7 days. REI 5 days. Retreatment interval 7 days. Do not exceed 0.5 lb ai/A per season. Limit 5 treatments.
- chloropicrin (Telone)-Preplant.
- diazinon (Adama Diazinon 50W) at 3 to 4 lb ai/A broadcast just before planting and immediately incorporate into the top 4 to 8 inches of soil. REI 4 days.