- Materials suggested for use on dairy cattle may also be used on beef cattle.
- Materials listed below are approved for use in all dairy cattle, including lactating animals, unless otherwise noted.
- For non-lactating cattle, additional options may be found in the Beef Cattle Pests section but carefully observe restrictions preceding lactation.
- Some products may have a meat or milk withdrawal period.
- Some of the products suggested for insect control are registered as drugs, not insecticides, and are regulated by the FDA.
- When using backrubbers or dust bags to dispense product, place the backrubber or bag where cattle will congregate or pass through regularly, such as the exit alley from the milking parlor. Be sure to refill/recharge/resaturate as needed.
- After use of a spray or pour-on, wash teats thoroughly before milking. For many ear tags, “optimum” control is provided by two tags per animal; “adequate” control is provided by one tag per animal.