Ctenicera spp. and Limonius spp.
Pest description, crop damage and life history
Management-biological, cultural, tactical
Management-chemical control: HOME USE
- azadirachtin (as a mix with pyrethrins)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic use.
- bifenthrin (often as a mix with zeta-cypermethrin)
Management-chemical control: COMMERCIAL USE
- Bacillus amyloliquefaciens (Ethos XB) at 0.08 to 0.2 lb ai/A applied with liquid fertilizer at plant. REI 12 hr.
- beta-cyfluthrin (Baythroid XL) at 0.016 to 0.022 lb ai/A soil application. PHI 0 days. REI 12 hr. Do not exceed 0.22 lb ai/A per season.
- bifenthrin (Capture LFR) at 0.04 to 0.16 lb ai/A at planting; 0.047 to 0.062 lb ai/A pre-plant incorporated. REI 12 hr. Do not exceed 0.2 lb ai/A per season. Toxic to bees and fish. Do not apply if rainfall is imminent. See label for other restrictions.
- bifenthrin/IBA (Empower 2) at 0.002 to 0.006 lb ai/1,000 row ft. PHI 30 days. REI 24 hr. Do not exceed 0.1 lb ai/A at plant application.
- chlorethoxyfos/bifenthrin (Smart Choice 5G) at 0.15 to 0.25 oz ai/1,000 row ft or at 0.125 to 0.245 lb ai/A. REI 48 hr, or 72 hr if annual rainfall is less than 25 inches.
- chloropicrin (Telone)-Preplant at 0.25 mg ai/kernel.
- clothianidin (Poncho 600) at 0.25 to 0.5 mg ai/kernel seed treatment. Not for use in hopper-box, slurry-box or similar types. Use in liquid or slurry treaters.
- cyfluthrin (Tombstone) at 0.031 to 0.44 lb ai/A soil treatment. PHI 0 days. REI 12 hr.
- ethoprop (Mocap 15G) at 0.063 to 0.125 lb ai/A at plant. REI 48 hr, or 72 hr if annual rainfall is less than 25 inches. Apply as a band on row or closed seed furrow. Do not apply within 140 ft of aquatic habitat.
- gamma-cyhalothrin (Declare) at 0.0025 lb ai/1,000 row ft. REI 24 hr. Do not exceed 0.024 lb ai/A.
- imidacloprid (Gaucho 480F) at 0.125 to 0.25 oz ai/100 lb of seed as a slurry treatment.
- imidacloprid + carboxin + metalxyl (Latitude)-REI 24 hr. Planter box treatment.
- Isaria fumosorosea (PFR-97 20% WDG) at 1 to 2 lb/Acre of product as soil treatment. REI 4 hr. Retreatment interval 3 to 10 days. Most effective when application is initiated just before or at the first signs that target pests are present. OMRI-listed for organic use.
- lambda-cyhalothrin (Warrior II) at 0.005 lb ai/1,000 ft of row soil treatment. REI 24 hr. Do not harvest for feed or graze livestock for 21 days. Do not exceed 0.48 lb ai/A per season.
- permethrin + carboxin (Kernel Guard Supreme) at 1.5 oz of formulated product per 42 lb seed (2 oz/56 lb seed). REI 12 hr. Planter box treatment.
- phorate (Thimet 20G) at 0.056 to 0.075 lb ai/1,000 row ft. REI 48 hr. Apply at planting time or cultivation. Do not exceed 1.3 lb ai/A per year. Limit 1 treatment.
- tefluthrin (Force 3G) at 0.008 to 0.009 lb ai/1,000 row ft (0.12 to 0.15 oz ai/1,000 row ft). REI 0 hr. Use either at planting or lay-by. One application only per year.
- terbufos (Counter 15G) at 0.056 to 0.075 lb ai/1,000 row ft. PHI 60 days for ears, or 30 days for grazing or forage. REI 48 hr, or 72 hr if annual rainfall is less than 25 inches. Do not exceed 1.3 lb ai/A. Apply as band or in furrow at planting. Use the 1.2 oz rate in furrows or the 2.4 oz rate as a band. Toxic to fish and wildlife.
- thiamethoxam (Cruiser 5FS) at 0.125 to 0.80 mg per kernel (formulated product) planter box treatment, seed treatment.