Pest description and crop damage Larvae stunt and deform stems, especially terminals. The moth is established in western Washington but still relatively rare in Oregon.
Sampling and thresholds Pheromone traps and degree-day models are available to monitor for adults.
Time applications to coincide with adult emergence.
- carbaryl (Sevin and others)-(Group 1)
- chlorpyrifos (Lorsban Advanced, Warhawk and others)-RESTRICTED USE IN OREGON.(Group 1)
- diflubenzuron (Diflumax)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 15)
- phosmet (Imidan 70W)-(Group 1)
- spinosad (Blackhawk, Conserve, Entrust and others)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic production. (Group 5)
- tebufenozide (Confirm)-(Group 18)