Pest description and crop damage Small, yellow-green aphids with woolly exudates attack new terminals.
- bifenthrin (Brigade, OnyxPro, Sniper and others)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 3)
- carbaryl (Sevin and others)-(Group 1)
- chlorpyrifos (Lorsban Advanced, Warhawk and others)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 1)
- cyclaniliprole (Group 28) + flonicamid (Group 29 -Pradia
- dinotefuran (Safari 20 SG)-Check registration status at time of application. (Group 4)
- esfenvalerate (Asana XL and others)-Restricted use. (Group 3)
- flupyradifurone (Altus)-(Group 4)
- imidacloprid (Admire Pro, Prey 1.6 and others)-(Group 4)
- insecticidal soaps and oils (Ecotec, M-pede, Ultra-Pure Oil, 440 Superior Oil, and others)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic production. Note: Some oils may cause discoloration.
- pymetrozine (Endeavor)-(Group 9)
- spirotetramet (Ultor, Movento)-(Group 23)
- sucrose octanoate (SucraShield and others)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic production.
- sulfoxaflor (Transform WG)- (Group 4c)
- thiamethoxam (Flagship 25 WG)-(Group 4)
- aphid predators (Aphidoletes aphidimyza, Aphidius spp., Hippodamia spp., Chrysopa spp.)-Consider attracting predators with forage plantings as keeping some species of predators on-site has challenged growers.
- Beauveria bassiana (BotaniGard ES)