Douglas-fir tussock moth (Orgyia pseudotsugata)
Rusty tussock moth (Orgyia antiqua nova)
Pest description and crop damage Caterpillars with tufts (tussocks) of hair. Larvae may be found in large numbers under webbing on branches.
Apply to control young larvae when present and feeding.
- Chromobacterium subtsugae (Grandevo PTO)-OMRI-listed for organic use.
- diflubenzuron (Dimilin 25W)-Restricted use pesticide. (Grp 15)
- flubendiamide (Belt SC)-(Group 28)
- spinosad (Blackhawk, Conserve, Entrust and others)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic production. (Group 5)
- tebufenozide (Confirm)-(Group 18)