Oligonychus ununguis and others
Pest description and crop damage Dark green mite stipples and bronzes needles, beginning at the base. Overwinters as red-orange eggs.
- abamectin (Avid, Minx and others)-(Group 6)
- azadirachtin (AzaDirect and others)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic production.
- Beauveria bassiana (Naturalis L)-OMRI-listed for organic production.
- bifenazate (Acramite 4SC, Floramite SC)
- bifenthrin (Brigade, OnyxPro, Sniper and others)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 3)
- Chromobacterium subtsugae (Grandevo PTO)-OMRI-listed for organic use.
- clofentezine (Apollo SC)-(Group 10)
- etoxazole (TetraSan 5 WDG)-(Group10)
- fenazaquin (Magistar)-(Group 21)
- fenbutatin-oxide (Vendex and others)-Restricted use pesticide. (12)
- fenpyroximate (Akari 5 SC)-(Group 21)
- hexythiazox (Onager, Hexygon, Savey)-(Group 10)
- insecticidal soaps and oils (Ecotec, Captiva, M-pede, Ultra-Pure Oil, 440 Superior [Winter only] and others)-Some formulations are OMRI- listed for organic production.
- malathion (organophosphate) (various formulations)-(Group 1)
- propargite (Omite-30WS, Omite 6E)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 12)
- spinosad (Blackhawk, Conserve, Entrust and others)-(Group 5)
- spirodiclofen (Envidor)-(Group 23)
Predatory mites (Neoseiulus spp., Phytoseilulus spp. and others)-Note: Little is known regarding controlled releases yet control in plantations from native populations is common.