Pest description and crop damage Appear as cottony or grayish mass on stems. They produce swelling at nodes and tips and are especially damaging to Fraser fir.
Apply to control crawler stage around bud break, usually mid-April to early May.
- bifenthrin (OnyxPro, Sniper and others)-Restricted use. (Grp 3)
- chlorpyrifos (Lorsban Advanced, Warhawk and others)-RESTRICTED USE IN OREGON. (Group 1)
- cyclaniliprole (Sarisa and others)-(Group 28)
- cyclaniliprole (Group 28) + flonicamid (Group 29)-Pradia
- dinotefuran (Safari 20 SG)- (Group 4)
- esfenvalerate (Asana XL and others)-Restricted use. (Group 3)
- imidacloprid (Admire Pro, Prey 1.6 and others)-(Group 4)
- insecticidal soap/oil (M-Pede)
- spirotetramat (Ultor, Movento)-(Group 23)
- thiamethoxam (Flagship 25 WG)-(Group 4)