Pest description and crop damage Small, dull-green aphid causes extreme needle drop. Aphids appear early in the season (fall to winter months) and may increase rapidly during March and April.
This aphid eludes most predators except the brown lacewing.
- azadirachtin (AzaDirect and others)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic production.
- bifenthrin (OnyxPro, Sniper and others)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 3)
- chlorpyrifos (Lorsban Advanced, Warhawk and others)-RESTRICTED USE IN OREGON.(Group 1)
- cyantraniliprole (Mainspring GNL)-(Group 28)
- cyclaniliprole (Group 28) + flonicamid (Group 29)-Pradia
- dinotefuran (Safari 20 SG)- (Group 4)
- flupyradifurone (Altus)-(Group 4)
- imidacloprid (Admire Pro, Prey 1.6 and others)-(Group 4)
- insecticidal soaps and oils (Ecotec, M-pede, Ultra-Pure Oil and others)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic production. Note: Some oils may discolor blue spruce.
- pymetrozine (Endeavor and others)-(Group 9)
- spirotetramat (Ultor, Movento)-(Group 23)
- sulfoxaflor (Transform WG)-(Group 4c)
- thiamethoxam (Flagship 25 WG)-(Group 4)