Strawberry root weevil (Otiorhynchus ovatus) and others
Pest description and crop damage Larvae are cream-colored, C-shaped grubs that feed on roots, sometimes girdling them. Adults feed on Douglas-fir and true fir needles, resulting in characteristic notching.
Site preparation with fallow period prior to planting will reduce habitat for weevils.
Control typically targets adult feeding at emergence.
- acephate (Orthene and others)-(Group 1)
- bifenthrin ( Brigade, OnyxPro, Sniper and others)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 3)
- cyclaniliprole (Sarisa)-(Group 28)
- cyclaniliprole (Group 28) + flonicamid (Group 29)-Pradia
- dinotefuran (Safari 20 SG)-Check registration status at time of application. (Group 4)
- esenvalerate (Asana XL and others)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 3)
- thiamethoxam (Flagship 25 WG)-(Group 4)