Pest description and crop damage Causes "pineapple" galls on spruce, the primary host.
Apply to control crawler stage, usually when new growth is expanding in spring.
- bifenthrin (Brigade, OnyxPro, Sniper and others)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 3)
- chlorpyrifos (Lorsban Advanced, Warhawk and others)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 1)
- dinotefuran (Safari 20 SG)-Check registration status at time of application. (Group 4)
- imidacloprid (Admire Pro, Prey 1.6 and others)-(Group 4)
- spirotetramet (Ultor, Movento)-(Group 23)
- sucrose octanoate (SucraShield and others)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic production.
- thiamethoxam (Flagship 25 WG)-(Group 4)