Includes Ixodes spp. and Dermacentor spp.
- abamectin ear tag (XP 820)-One tag to each ear of all animals when ticks appear. Remove tags at end of season or before slaughter.
- beta-cyfluthrin ear tag (CyLence Ultra)-One tag to each ear of all mature animals when ticks appear. Remove tags at end of season or before slaughter.
- diazinon/chlorpyrifos ear tag (Warrior)-One tag to each ear of all animals older than 3 months when pests appear. Do not use on lactating dairy cattle. Remove tags at end of season or before slaughter.
- essential plant oils (Essentria IC3) at 30 to 90 ml (1 to 3 oz) per gal mineral oil. Spray directly on animal in amounts to sufficiently cover. Avoid contacting teats with spray unless teats are washed and dried before milking.
- permethrin/piperonyl butoxide pour-on (Ultra Boss) -3 ml per 100 lb body weight. Maximum of 30 ml (1 fl oz) per animal. Treat once every 2 weeks as needed.
- permethrin ear tag (GardStar Plus 40% EC)-One tag to each ear of animals when pests appear. Remove tags at end of fly season or before slaughter.
- permethrin spray (Gardstar 40% EC) at 118 ml (4 fl oz) per 50 gal water (0.05% ai). 1 to 2 quarts high pressure spray over body of animal; get thoroughly wet. For low-pressure spray, apply at 118 ml (4 fl oz) to 2.5 gal water; spray till wet but not to runoff.
- zeta-cypermethrin/piperonyl butoxide dust (PYthon)-Directly apply 2 oz per animal. Repeat as needed but not more than once every 3 days.