For pest description, crop damage, biology, life history, sampling and cultural management
Management-chemical control: HOME USE
- acetamiprid-In field tests, this product has provided inconsistent control of SWD.
- kaolin clay (Surround at Home)-Repels some insect pests when applied as a spray to leaves, stems, and fruit. OMRI-listed for organic use.
- permethrin-In field tests, this product has provided inconsistent control of SWD.
- pyrethrins-These products provide about 80% control of SWD but have no residual activity. Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic use.
- spinosad-This product generally provides 100% control and 5-7 days residual activity. Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic use.
Management-chemical control: COMMERCIAL USE
Note: When winters are mild, a fall shuck spray can reduce the number of overwintering females.
- carbaryl (Carbaryl 4L) at (3 qt/a). REI 12 hr. PHI 3 days. At this rate, do not exceed three in-season applications per year. Extremely toxic to aquatic invertebrates; avoid spray drift and runoff to surface waters.
- esfenvalerate (Asana XL) at 4.8 to 14.5 oz/a. REI 12 hr. PHI 14 days.
- malathion (Malathion 57EC) at 1 pint/a. REI 12 hr. PHI 3 days.
- malathion (Fyfanon ULV Ag) at 16 oz/a. REI 12 hr. PHI 1 day. Not a stand-alone product for SWD control. Do not use sequential sprays for SWD control. Maximum applications per season: sweet cherries- 4; tart cherries- 6.
- spinetoram (Delegate 25WG) at 4.5 to 7 oz/a. REI 4 hr. PHI 7 days. No more than four applications per season.
- Entrust SC at 4 to 8 fl oz/a. REI 4 hr. PHI 7 days. OMRI-listed for organic use.
- Success at 4 to 8 fl oz/a. REI 4 hr. PHI 7 days. Do not exceed 29 fl oz/a per year.