Cabbage aphid (Brevicoryne brassicae)
Pest description and crop damage Cabbage aphids are green, gray with a white, waxy coating. They commonly occur in dense colonies, often covered with waxy droplets. They have piercing-sucking mouthparts and prefer to feed on the newest plant growth. Large colonies can stunt or kill small plants. The cabbage aphid appears much earlier than the turnip aphid.
- azadirachtin (AzaGuard) Spray 8 to 16 oz when pests first appear. Spray immediately after the first winged alates or clones are observed on plants. Repeat application every 7 to 10 days. Use in combination with 0.25 to 1.0% non-phytotoxic crop oil in sufficient water to cover undersides of leaves. Do not add additional surfactants to tank mixes containing this product. OMRI- Organic Use.
- Beauveria bassiana GHA (Mycotrol ESO) at 0.50 to 2 quarts/100 gal of spray volume. REI 4 hr. Mycotrol ESO contains live spores of the naturally occurring fungus, Beauveria bassiana Strain GHA. Spores are alive and may be harmed by storage at high temperatures or contact with water for more than 24 hr. OMRI-listed for organic use.
- bifenthrin (Bifender FC, others) at 0.033 to 0.04 lb ai/a or 1.4 to 1.7 fl oz/a. Do not exceed 0.08 lb bifenthrin per acre per season. Do not apply within 35 days of harvest. Do not apply less than 14 days apart.
- chlorantraniliprole (Besiege, others) at 10 fl oz/a. Do not exceed a total of 28 fl oz of Besiege or 0.09 lb ai of lambda-cyhalothrin-containing products or 0.2 lb ai of chlorantraniliprole-containing products per acre per year. PHI 21 days. Minimum interval between applications is 5 days. If adjuvants are used, use only a non-ionic surfactant (NIS).
- chlorpyrifos (Whirlwind) at 1 to 2 pints/a. PHI 21 days. Do not make more than three applications of any product containing chlorpyrifos per crop. Do not make a second application of Whirlwind or other products containing chlorpyrifos within 10 days of the first application. RESTRICTED USE IN OREGON.
- cyhalothrin-gamma (Declare) at 0.015 lb ai/a or 0.77 to 1.54 fl oz/a. PHI 7 days. Do not apply more than 0.045 lb ai per acre per season.
- flonicamid (Beleaf 50 SG) at 2.8 oz/a or 0.089 lb ai/a. Do not apply more than 2.8 oz per acre per application or 8.4 oz/a per acre per year. Do not apply more than 3 applications per year. Allow a minimum of 7 days between applications.
- lambda-cyhalothrin (Lamcap II, others) at 0.015 to 0.03 lb ai/a. PHI 7 days. Do not apply more than 0.09 lb ai (5.76 fl oz or 0.36 pt of product) per acre per year. Do not apply within 7 days of harvest.
- sulfoxaflor (Transform WG) at 0.5 to 0.75 oz/a or 0.016 to 0.023 lb ai/a. Do not make applications less than 14 days apart. Do not exceed more than two applications per season. Do not apply more than a total of 1.5 oz (0.046 lb ai/a per year. Do not apply this product at any time between 3 days prior to bloom and until after petal fall.
- zeta-cypermethrin (Mustang) at 4.3 fl. oz/a or 0.05 lb ai/a. PHI 7 days. Do not apply more than 25.8 ounces of product or 0.3 lb of active ingredient per acre per season. Do not make applications less than 7 days apart.
Management-chemical control (Seed Treatment)
- thiamethoxam, difenoconazole, mefenoxam, fludioxonil and sedaxane (Helix Vibrance)-Apply at 23.0 fl oz per 100 lb of seed.