Pest description and crop damage The common light-green aphid found on legume plants. They feed by sucking plant juices. They can transmit virus diseases and can reduce yields when abundant.
- alpha-cypermethrin (Fastac EC) at 0.02 to 0.025 lb ai/a. PHI 21 days. REI 4 hr. Retreatment interval 5 days.
- Beauveria bassiana (Mycotrol O) at 0.25 to 1 qt/a. PHI 0 days. REI 4 hr. OMRI-listed for organic use.
- cyfluthrin (Tombstone) at 0.5 lb ai/a. PHI 7 days. REI 12 hr. Retreatment interval 14 days. Do not exceed 0.1 lb ai/a per year.
- dimethoate at 0.165 to 0.33 lb ai/a. PHI 14 days for harvest. Allow 7 days between applications. Do not exceed 0.5 lb ai/a per season. Do not graze livestock. Do not apply to blooming Austrian winter peas. SLNs: WA-970029A, WA-970029B OR-050019A, OR-050019B, ID-980006, ID-970008 and ID-110008.
- imidacloprid (Admire Pro) at 0.25 to 0.38 lb ai/a soil, 0.43 lb ai/a foliar. PHI 21 days soil, 7 days foliar. REI 12 hr. Do not exceed 0.38 lb ai/a per season.
- imidacloprid (Provado) at 0.044 lb ai/a foliar applied. PHI 7 days. REI 12 hr. Retreatment interval 7 days. Do not exceed 0.13 lb ai/a per season.
- malathion (Gowan Malathion 8) at 1 to 2.5 lb ai/a. PHI 3 days. Do not graze or feed forage to livestock. REI 12 hr. Limit 2 treatments.