Pest description and crop damage Small, pale, torpedo-shaped insects, whose wings fold roof like when resting. Large numbers cause stippling of leaf blades and chlorosis. Yield loss has not been documented.
- bifenthrin (Brigade 2EC and WSB) at 0.1 lb ai/A. Apply in spring and fall when aphids are seen. Maximum amount allowed is 0.2 lb ai/A per season. Applications made no less than 14 days apart. PHI 30 days prior to harvest for forage, hay and seed.
- cyfluthrin (Baythroid XL) at 0.013 to 0.015 lb ai/A. PHI 0 days. REI 12 hr. Maximum amount allowed per 5 day interval is 0.022 lb ai/A. Maximum amount allowed per crop season is 0.089 lb ai/A.
- lambda-cyhalothrin (Warrior) at 0.02 to 0.03 lb ai/A. PHI 0 days for grazing and cut for forage, 7 days for straw and seed crop. REI 24 hr.
- lambda-cyhalothrin/chlorantraniliprole (Besiege) at 6.0 to 10.0 fl oz/A. PHI 0 days for grazing and cut for forage, 7 days for straw and seed crop. REI 24 hr. Do not exceed a total of 27.0 fl oz of Besiege or 0.09 lb ai of lambda-cyhalothrin or 0.2 lb ai of chlorantraniliprole per acre per year.
- malathion at 0.9375 to 1.25 lb ai/A. PHI 0 days. REI 12 hr. Maximum single application rate is 1.25 lb ai/A. Maximum one application of malathion allowed per year.
- zeta-cypermethrin (Mustang MAX) at 0.014 to 0.025 lb ai/A. PHI 0 days forage, hay; 7 days straw and seed screenings. REI 12 hr. For forage and hay use no more than 0.10 lb ai/A per season; make subsequent applications no closer than 7 days. For straw and seed screenings use no more than 0.125 lb ai/A per season; make subsequent applications no closer than 17 days.