Ctenicera spp. and Limonius spp.
Pest description, crop damage and life history
Management-biological, cultural, tactical
Management-chemical control: HOME USE
- azadirachtin (as a mix with pyrethrins)-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic use.
- bifenthrin (often as a mix with zeta-cypermethrin)
Management-chemical control: COMMERCIAL USE
- bifenthrin/IBA (Empower 2) at 0.04 to 0.1 lb ai/A. PHI 3 days. REI 5 days. Do not exceed 0.2 lb ai/A per season.
- chloropicrin (Telone)-Preplant.
- diazinon (Diazinon AG500) at 3 to 4 lb ai/A. REI 3 days. Broadcast just before planting and immediately incorporate into the top 4 to 8 inches of soil.
- imidacloprid (Gaucho 600F)-Seed treatment. See label for instructions.
- thiamethoxam (Cruiser 5 FS)-Seed treatment. Refer to label for complete instructions.