- amitraz dip (Taktic)-One can (760 ml) mixed with 50 gal water. Thoroughly wet animals to the point of runoff. Apply as instructed by USDA-APHIS bulletins. Two treatments 7 to 10 days apart are required for control.
- eprinomectin pour-on (Eprinex, drug) at 1 ml/10 kg (22 lb) body weight. No slaughter interval, no milk withholding period.
- ivermectin pour-on (Ivomec, drug) at 1 ml/10 kg (22 lb) body weight. Apply along topline of animal. Do not slaughter within 48 days of treatment.
- ivermectin subcutaneous injection (Ivomec, drug) at 1 ml/50 kg (110 lb) of body weight. Inject under loose skin in front of or behind shoulder. Do not slaughter within 35 days of treatment.
- lime sulfur dip or spray (BSP Lime-Sulfur Solution) at 1 gal in 15 gal warm water. Dipping vats must be maintained at 95 to 105°F. Use mixture only once; retreat animals as needed every 12 days. Lime sulfur corrodes application equipment.
- permethrin spray (Atroban 11% EC) at 1 pint in 25 gal water. 1 to 2 quarts coarse spray per animal; thoroughly wet animal. Repeat application in 10 to 14 days.
- phosmet spray (Prolate/Lintox-HD) at 1 gal per 100 gal water. Apply mixture as a coarse spray wetting skin but not to point of runoff. Repeat as needed in 7 to 10 days. Do not apply within 3 days of slaughter.