Frankliniella spp. and other species
Pest description and crop damage On timothy hay or timothy-alfalfa mixed-stand hay crops only. Thrips scar and silver timothy and can reduce hay crop yield.
- beta-cyfluthrin (Baythroid XL) at 0.02 to 0.022 lb ai/a. PHI 0 days for grazing or hay. REI 12 hr. Do not exceed 0.089 lb ai/a per season. Retreatment interval 5 days.
- carbaryl (Sevin 4F) at 1 to 1.5 lb ai/a. PHI 14 days. Limit 2 treatments per year. Retreatment interval 14 days. Do not exceed 3 lb ai/a per year. REI 12 hr.
- chlorantraniliprole/lambda-cyhalothrin (Besiege, Voliam Xpress) at 0.59 to 0.98 lb ai/a. PHI 0 days for grazing or cut for forage; 7 days for cut grass to be dried and harvested for hay. Retreatment interval 7 days. REI 12 hr. Do not exceed 0.09 lb ai/a lambda-cyhalothrin or 0.2 lb ai/a chlorantraniliprole.
- cyfluthrin (Tombstone) at 0.041 to 0.044 lb ai/a. PHI 0 day. PHI 7 days in stands where grass is mixed with alfalfa. REI 12 hr. Retreatment interval 5 days. Do not exceed 0.176 lb ai/a per season.
- gamma-cyhalothrin (Declare) at 0.01 to 0.015 lb ai/a. PHI 0 days for grazing or cut for forage; 7 days for cut grass to be dried and harvested. REI 24 hr. Do not exceed 0.045 lb ai/a per season.
- lambda-cyhalothrin (Warrior II) at 0.02 to 0.03 lb ai/a. PHI 0 days for grazing and forage; 7 days to be dried for hay. REI 24 hr. Do not exceed 0.03 lb ai/a per cutting or 0.09 lb ai/a per season.