Banks grass mite (Oligonychus pratensis)
Pest description and crop damage On timothy hay or timothy-alfalfa mixed-stand hay crops only. Spider mites silver and stunt hay crop. Can reduce yield of timothy hay crop.
- chlorantraniliprole/lambda-cyhalothrin (Besiege, Voliam Xpress) at 0.59 to 0.98 lb ai/a. PHI 0 days for grazing or cut for forage; 7 days for cut grass to be dried and harvested for hay. Retreatment interval 7 days. REI 12 hr. Do not exceed 0.09 lb ai/a lambda-cyhalothrin or 0.2 lb ai/a chlorantraniliprole. Suppression only.
- cyfluthrin (Tombstone) at 0.04 to 0.044 lb ai/a. PHI 0 days. REI 12 hr. Retreatment interval 5 days. Do not exceed 0.176 lb ai/a per season.
- gamma-cyhalothrin (Declare) at 0.01 to 0.015 lb ai/a. PHI 0 days for grazing or cut for forage; 7 days for cut grass to be dried and harvested. REI 24 hr. Do not exceed 0.045 lb ai/a per season. Suppression only.
- hexythiazox (Ruger EC) at 0.078 to 0.186 lb ai/a. PHI 14 days. REI 12 hr. Limit 1 treatment per year. Timothy only.
- malathion (Drexel Malathion 5EC) at 0.9375 to 1.25 lb ai/a. PHI 0 days. REI 12 hr. Limit 2 treatments per cutting. Treatment interval 14 days. Do not treat clover in bloom.